Note: An update is pending in the app store that properly lists iOS7 as a supported operating system.
Sequent is an iOS puzzle game. Your goal is to grow several dozen target colors by harvesting and replanting solid-color tiles. Each color "plant" will grow into empty tiles around it - mixing its red, green, and blue color "genetics" with neighbors.
It's up to you to mix primary colors, cultivate creatively, gain knowledge and increase your chances of genetic mutations. Using tools like a void tile (keeps valuable colors safe for re-use) or a magnifier (view RGB values of placed tiles) you'll producing a beautiful color garden while generating some of your favorite colors.
Designed for iPhone and iPad, Sequent is an excellent chill-out game which can be played on your schedule. There are NO in-app purchases.
In-game, you may choose to download a full album of hand-picked music by several talented independent artists.
How To Play
Every game begins with a lone color tile, the last in the universe.
Touch and hold the color tile to harvest it.
Harvesting a color splits it into its red, green, and blue components. These appear in the color palette - a window at the top right of the screen. You may collect as many color tiles as you want, but you may not exceed 255/255/255 when you plant since that's the maximum value - pure white.
Touch and hold an empty (black) tile to plant the current color you hold.
Planted colors will grow into adjacent tiles. The resulting color depends on surrounding tiles, and you'll occasionally see a genetic mutation.
Each action earns you knowledge. Knowledge improves harvest and planting speeds, mutation chances, tool discovery chances, as well as how many exact copies you'll spawn with each planting.
Tap an empty tile to place or remove a void tile.
Nothing will grow on or through a void tile. Once you achieve pure red, you can make a compartment for safely growing pure red tiles.
Eventually, you'll discover a special tool: the magnifier.
Tap on a tool to collect for later.
Tools will be helpful in specific situations. The magnifier will allow you to inspect the RGB values of a planted tile, making it easier to find colors in the range you're looking for. Each use destroys a magnifier, so be careful and only use them when needed.
- White 255/255/255
- Navy 0/0/128
- Blue 0/0/255
- Azure 22/127/251
- Turqoise 64/224/208
- Cyan 0/255/255
- Teal 0/128/128
- Maroon 128/0/0
- Red 255/0/0
- Rose 252/22/127
- Pink 255/192/203
- Magenta 255/0/255
- Violet 127/37/251
- Indigo 75/0/130
- Chartreuse 127/253/48
- Spring Green 42/253/127
- Green 0/255/0
- Forest Green 34/139/34
- Olive 128/128/0
- Yellow 255/255/0
- Orange 253/127/35
- Brown 132/57/29
- Tan 210/180/140
You'll randomly discover pick-ups while playing. Once they drop, tap them to pick up. However, they are most useful in specific situations, so be careful about using them.
- Name Magnifier
- Description View tile RGB values
- Rarity Common
Tips & Tricks
- Shoot for pure primary colors first - they're easier to build new colors with.
- Use void tiles to keep pure colors safe, so you can always pickup pure red, green, or blue tiles.
- 255/255/255 is the max color value, and you may only plant this much at once. If you've gathered more, subtraction may help produce a new shade not yet on your gameboard.
- RGB values may be within ten digits for secondary and higher colors, so you don't need to get the exact value.
- Building the right RGB value is easier when you use a magnifier to view RGB values and plan ahead.
- Colors won't grow if they'll be too dark.
Sequent (Immersion) edition contains at least eleven amazing tracks from a variety of independent musicians.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions, concerns, errors, or feedback.
Several assets used in the game are licensed by their authors under Creative Commons:
- All music, listed and attributed in the soundcloud.com playlist
- "ding2" by mrbriandesign
- "Swoosh 4" by Benboncan
- "Menu Selection Click" by NenadSimic
- "scale e6" by fins
- "another magic wand spell tinkle" by Timbre
- "sherman cable27" by schluppipuppie
- "MouthPop" by HerbertBoland
- "Brick-Drop-Concrete-05" by D W
- "smalldrop" by Matvey
- "Tumbleweed_Impact_001" by duckduckpony